To be able to take up a managerial role in the fast-moving and ever-changing industrial scenario, today’s managers must have a strong grip on all interfaces of business areas. They must believe in teamwork and possess skills of research, communication and persuasion.
MBA programs endow students with the required skills, know-how and confidence for their chosen careers. Dr. Uday Salunkhe, Group Director and Principal, L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, believes academic activities at WeSchool equip its students for the future by making adaptive and confident professionals out of them.
The institute offers a variety of flexible programs so that Welingkarites are able to acquire, develop and practice the skills in real life business scenarios. Students are also encouraged to bring in their work experience to the learning table, analyze and develop strengths, reflect on weaknesses, map out charts of personal growth and be equipped with tools for success in career and life.
WeSchool strongly believes in combining the philosophies of leadership and innovation with a design-thinking approach to management education, says Dr. Uday Salunkhe. Today companies are looking for people that can combine innovation with experience to create efficiency. It is important to note that innovation is not limited to products or services. Innovation can be in logistics, financing, marketing, organizational design or even in handling attrition.
WeSchool’s distinctively different approach to management education has manifested as the various successes of its alumni. A few of these are listed below:
- Stita Misra (PGDM, 2011-13) and her team of young scribes launched Samvad – an online magazine dedicated to the evolution of business education.
- Sohail Sayani (PGDM Business Design, 2011-13) along with his team of music aficionados launched Mumbai’s first on-campus, web-based radio channel, RadioWE, which offers education as well entertainment on its multiple waves.
- A story by Anchal Singh (PGDM Business Design, 2011-13) was published in ‘Inspired by Tagore’- an anthology by The British Council – from nearly 4000 entries from around the world.
- A research paper titled ‘Embedding Technology Human Resource – Distance covered and road map’ by Shweta Maheshwari (PGDM, 2011-13) got published in Conquest, the much-revered management journal of IIM (Shillong).
- Himanshu Kapadia, the champion of ‘out of the box thinking and action’, and winner of 14 prestigious awards at WeSchool, went on to win an internal competition at HDFC as an HR trainee. On his win, he was recorded as saying, “The best part is the entire HR Transformation Exercise will be named “E-mpower” which was my winning idea. I have also been entrusted to design a logo for this initiative. It is rare that in such a short span of time, one gets so much exposure and appreciation, more than that, a chance to give ideas and see them being appreciated and executed is a big high!”
“The feedback received from my mentors has contributed to giving me a better professional edge,” the budding HR manager revealed of his success.